{Weekend Wrap-up // Movies, Jeeping, Sunday-ing}

Happy Monday! Another weekend gone by too fast. I looked at the date this morning and it literally took my breath away. How is it already June 24th? Summer is going by way too fast for my liking! I mean, we must have been having fun for it to go by so quick, but STILL! More summer, less school! Anyhow, here's a look at our weekend. Spoiler alert: it was a good one!!


I worked, Nate was off and at home getting things ready for our trip the next day and Mason got to have a fun morning with his Nana, cousin, 2 aunts and uncle. They went to an event put on at our local (historic) library called "Touch a Truck". They had all kinds of trucks and vehicles for the kids to climb in, push all the buttons, honk all the horns, etc. You know, all the stuff kids like to do. Then they visited an old city park, had lunch at the soda fountain on the square and then hit up the splash pad. They had a good time.

On their way back Mason called Nate and asked him to meet him at the pool. So, they did. I stayed home to keep working. I also was able to put together Mason's road-trip goodie bag for Saturday. I do this for any trip over 2.5 - 3 hours. And since we were going to the off-road park, I had to make it a little bit "off-roading" themed.

That afternoon Nate was having some buddies over for a "wrenching party" to work on the Jeeps and get them ready for Saturday. Mason and I decided to go to the movies to see Toy Story 4 while they did some of their wrenching. The movie was incredibly sad! I don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't seen it, but Mason and I thought it was sad and heartbreaking!!

Mason and I grabbed Happy Meals for the kids and pizza for the adults and then came home. When we got there our 2 year old neighbor was driving our CJ. (It's geared really low, so it just crawls on it's own).

Then of course, Mason wanted to drive. So all three of the kids + Nate hopped in the CJ and drove all over our property. I love how the sunset looked behind them and had to snap a picture!!

Then the guys got the CJ all loaded up on the trailer while Kyleigh and I watched. At this point Mason had bailed on us and went to his Nana and Papa's house for a night time swim with Papa. So, Kyleigh girl and I hung out!

Then it was time to get everything ready for the trip and then bedtime. We had an early wake-up call the next day. For some of us, even earlier.


I was wide awake and ready to go at 5:45 am!! During the week I am dragging my butt out of bed at 7:45. And I mean dragging. But, I am wide awake at the crack of dawn to go off-roading. Haha. I love it so much. I laid in bed and scrolled social media until it was a decent time to text my friend to make sure she was up and getting ready! They are an hour from us, so they had to leave a little earlier to meet us! They got to our house at 8:30 and we were ready to go meet our other friends. Our drive was about a 3 hour drive with traffic, but totally worth it. I will have a full post on this soon, but for now here are a couple of photos!

Nathan took the CJ, which meant I got to wheel mine the entire day! It was freakin' awesome. We were at the off-road park until 7:45ish and then had to make the 3 hour drive home. Nathan, Mason and I stopped at Bucees for supper! We got home around 11:30 that night.


In our tired and delirious state on Saturday night we forgot to reset our church alarm and slept the morning away. We didn't get out of bed until 10:40 am! And then it was time to get things done. Nate started unloading the trailer while I cleaned out the insides of the vehicles. Then it started looking super dark and stormy. So, we rushed over to the shop to put my hard top back on before the rain. As we were putting on the freedom panels it started sprinkling. We were just in time! But then, those few little sprinkles were all we got! All that rushing for really nothing. O'well...at least it was done. And there was more rain in the forecast for the week anyhow. The rest of the day was a productive day...washed the Jeeps off (with a little help from the rain), gave both dogs a bath, oil change on Nate's truck, cleaned the inside of mine (from all the off-road park dust), had supper with Nate's family, etc. Before the next set of storms rolled in the sky was looking cool and I had to take a couple of pictures!

And that's a wrap on our weekend! How was yours?

No comments

Thanks for the comments! Hope you are having an amazing day!!